A TIN is a Tax Identification Number, it is required for the following purposes:
- Importing goods into Ghana
- Registering a business
- Registering land
- Paying taxes.
- Accessing the GeGov Portal
Any person company or individual that:
- Earns taxable income in Ghana
- Wishes to clear goods in commercial quantities from any port or factory
- Wishes to register a title or other documentation relating to land
- Requires a Tax Clearance Certificate
- Wishes to register a business / company at the Registrar-Generals Department
- Requires a Permit from a District Assembly
- Intends to receive a payment from the Controller and Accountant-Generals Department
Issuance of a TIN is free - there is no need to pay any fees.
Yes you can register online from this Portal. To complete the process you need the following:
- A valid Identity Card (Ghana Drivers License, Ghana National Identity Card, Ghana Voters Card)
- A good quality, colour scanned copy of the above identity card (pdf, gif, jpeg format)
- A valid email address (this must not be shared with anyone else)
If all your documentation is correct a TIN may be issued on the same day as the application is submitted.
The following are required:
- Completed Taxpayer Registration Form
- A valid Identity Card (Ghana Drivers License, Ghana National Identity Card, Ghana Voters Card, Passport)